Carpet Cleaning Tips & Checklist

Home » Uncategorized » Carpet Cleaning Tips & Checklist

Here are some carpet cleaning tips to prolong the life of your carpet and what to do with a spill…

Tip 1

Make sure that you get a deep cleaning of the carpet as often as it is needed. To achieve a clean carpet, you’ll need to have it cleaned by a professional or you’ll need to use a deep cleaning machine. A thorough cleaning every six months to a year is recommended.

Tip 2

Keep your eye out for spills and take care of them as quickly as possible to keep your carpet clean. Simply using water on a spill will help most of them. If that doesn’t work, simply call a professional who will have the right product to remove the stain. By taking immediate action you can prevent spills from becoming stains and setting that will leave your carpets looking dirty and messy.

Tip 3

A clean carpet is a carpet that has been taken care of very well. You should always take the time to vacuum your carpet often and make sure you do a thorough job. This means going over the floor in several directions to allow the vacuum time to pick up all it can. High quality vacuums with a beta brush are the best choice, as they will get up the most of the dirt embedded in your carpet.

Tip 4

Taking proper care of your entrance ways will greatly help to clean off people’s shoes and keep most of the tracked soils off the surface of your carpet. You should always use mats inside your entrance area and outside of your doors and make sure that anyone who enters your home uses the mats to help get any dirt off of their shoes before they enter. You can also request that guests take off your shoes prior to entering your home.

Around 80% of the dirt that enter a building or home are dry. The remaining 20% are greases, oils, and starches. The dry soil types are easily removed by vacuuming. As long as they are removed on a daily basis, it will help to minimise the damage to the carpet.

Maintaining and keeping your carpet clean is more than just healthy, as it can also help to prolong the life of your carpet. If you have recently had carpet laid, you are already aware of the cost involved with doing so. Even if you haven’t had this done, you probably know the benefits of keeping a clean carpet.


A clean carpet will add value to the home if it is maintained well. It will also help to keep the home free from odours and allergens as well. Also, it will help to make a comfortable living area for your friends and your family.


Posted on April 24, 2016

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Featured services

Customer statements